Current information, measures and rules for hotel and restaurant visits from July 22, 2021
Despite Corona, your vacation with us in Austria can finally take place again and will be relaxing and eventful. In addition to personal responsibility, the prerequisite for this is, above all, consistent compliance with these framework conditions and recommendations:
AS A GENERAL RULE
- There is no mask requirement in the hotel and restaurant area from July 1.
- A tight-fitting mouth and nose protection must only be worn on public transport, gondolas and also in food stores, banks, pharmacies and post offices. This does not apply to children under 6 years of age.
YOUR HOTEL STAY
- In addition to the usual registration, hotel guests must show a valid negative test result (also for children from 12 years), a vaccination certificate or a confirmation of a COVID-19 illness within the last 6 months in German or English – tests on site will be possible.
- After arrival, hotel guests who have not been vaccinated or recovered will need regular test reports. An antigen self-test under supervision is possible on site every day. This is valid for 48 hours. We will inform you on site about the test times and the exact procedure.
YOUR RESTAURANT STAY
- Restaurant guests must present a valid negative test result (also for children from 12 years), a vaccination certificate or a confirmation of a COVID-19 illness within the last 6 months in German or English – tests on site will be possible.
- There will also be a registration requirement for guests.
- Self-service and buffets are permitted, taking hygienic precautions into account.
VALIDITY PERIODS FOR TESTED, RECOVERED AND VACCINATED PEOPLE
- Recovered persons: up to 6 months after the illness
- Vaccinated persons: from 22 days after the first vaccination, 9 months after last vaccination
- Antibody test: 3 months
- Self-test with digital solution: 1 day
- Antigen test: 2 days
- PCR test: 3 days
ENTRY TO AUSTRIA
In future, the recommendations of the RKI (Robert Koch Institute) will be used. Austria will include the states that are listed as “risk areas” by the RKI in Appendix A of the Entry Ordinance. This means that vaccinated, recovered and tested people from over 100 countries will not be subject to quarantine in the future. By switching Austria to the RKI list, the freedom to travel will be almost completely restored.
Since June 10th, the obligation to register before entering Austria (“Pre-Travel-Clearance”) has been omitted when entering from safe countries. However, this only applies if you have been tested, vaccinated or recovered upon entry (proof required). Registration when entering the country from all other countries is still required. The registration confirmation must be presented electronically or printed out during an inspection. You can use the form to register at least 72 hours before your planned entry into Austria.
Link to all entry information with a list of countries: https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information/entry-regulations
Link to the pre-travel clearance form: https://entry.ptc.gv.at/en
RETURN TO YOUR HOME COUNTRY
Since the regulations in each country or federal state are different and are constantly being adapted, we ask all guests to inform themselves about the return travel regulations before arrival.
July 21, 2021